Today I decided to move the blog a little, so that it should be easier to navigate. The blog is now on the root directory of the blog (rather than the old /blog/ subdirectory), and my 5 step guide will be incorporated into the site in as static pages in some way or other. Thanks to Malin @ Cactuss.com for the idea about moving my blog down to a lower directory. I have put in 301 redirects so the previous posts and directory, so no body get’s lost !
So, give it up for the new roots !
To be honest it was all pretty easy, here is an outline of my steps
- I moved the files down a directory, which is easy with FTP.
- Then I went to the control panel at the new URL and changed the options for the wordpress URL and the Blog URL
- I delete the .htaccess file and make WordPress to create a new one.
- The 8 articles I wrote already have a few links so I added some lines to manually move them via a 301 redirect.i.e
- Updated my reference to the feed in FeedBurner so that the RSS link worked again
- Posed this message !
Yes it’s easy and it was about 10 minutes work !