Alot of people (myself included) don’t like trawling through pages and pages of Terms & Conditions from sites. Today, I was asked to setup or at least investigate PayPerPost and how these guys could work for them.
What is PayPerPost
PayPerPost is a service where advertisers will as to review their website or product. It’s as simple as that! You will be offered a certain price to write a blog post, once you do and it’s accepted, they pay you.
Rules to Qualify for PayPerPost
So today I was looking to read up on the rules a little, and they are slightly hidden away. If you read their FAQ you will still left wanting, rather you need to read their Terms Of Service . So for your ease I will include a snippet below. These are the 7 things you need to know about PPP. Point #3 is perhaps the most important for people
5.3 BLOG ELIGIBILITY.
In order to participate in the PayPerPost Marketplace you must register your Blog(s) with PayPerPost and meet the minimum eligibility requirements. PayPerPost will not accept certain Blogs and Bloggers as determined by PayPerPost in its sole discretion.
- Blogs Only. PayPerPost only accepts Blogs, and not websites, message boards, e-mails, IM or other similar services.
- English Only Blogs. The Blog and all posts relating to PayPerPost Opportunities must be in the English language or such other language as is identified in the particular Opportunity.
- Original Blog Content. The Blog must contain original editorial content in addition to Opportunity-related or other paid posts. Blogs that exist solely for payment will not be accepted.
- Minimum Blog Age. Blogs must be live for a minimum of 90 days, counted from the date of the Blog’s first post, with at least 20 pre-existing posts prior to registration with the PayPerPost Marketplace. The majority of these posts may not be in a single month and there must not be a gap of more than 30 days between any posts during the 90 day period immediately preceding sign up for registration in the Marketplace.
- Chronological Archives. Blogs must have a chronological archive to verify age. Categorical archives will not be accepted. You acknowledge and agree that PayPerPost may also verify compliance with these age and posting requirements via a third party spider.
- Transfer of Blog. Transferring your Blog to a new domain does not make the Blog ‘older than 90 days.’ Transferring a Blog to a new owner does not make the Blog ‘older than 90 days.’
- Inappropriate Content. Blogs submitted to the marketplace may not include or support: excessive profanity, violence, or racial intolerance, illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia, pornography, adult or mature content, or any other content that promotes intolerance, illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others.
PayPerPost The Catch
As with all these schemes (I use the word very liberally) PPP will be taking a cut of your money. But the good news is that it’s only 10% of the fee, while some other services it’s 50% (i.e. ReviewMe).