Just 1 day after I added AdSense back to this blog, I see that Google are once again moving the target. They have decided tighten up the goals a little, and the reason I am guessing they are doing is because they have enough signups ! Personally I think this is a bad thing on the side of Google, but maybe I am biased as I was quite happy with the few $5 additions to my AdSense every week. Sadly I never quite received one of those $250 bonus clicks, and of course the big $2,500 was never in sight either.
Adsense before January 2008
- $5 bonus when you refer someone who earns $5 within their first 180 days (6 months)
- $250 bonus when you refer someone who earned $100 in the first 18o days (6 months)
- If 25 people you refer do this within 6 months you will get a $2000 bonus ($80 per person)
As I said the $5 was very doable, but the other ones are that little bit harder. The likely hood that someone could make $100 in their first 6 months is possible, but without the right knowledge about AdSense it is high unlikely. Most newcomers don’t know about channels or blending of ads or other more advanced topics.
Adsense after January 2008
- zilch when you refer someone who earns $5 within their first 180 days (6 months)
- $100 bonus when you refer someone who earned $100 in the first 18o days (6 months)
- If 25 people you refer do this within 6 months you will get a big fat nothing
And it does get worse for those of you who are not from the following countries:
- North America
- Latin America
If you don’t live in these countries you won’t be able to refer publishers in the first place ! While the first move may make sense, I wonder why they are stopping international publishers from referring possibly American/Japanese publishers. It’s strange that a person in Japan can refer someone in a 3rd World Country, but Hans from Berlin cannot refer someone from New York ! I wonder what the F**K Google AdSense are thinking with this. Well, time to remove my links to them, and you should too !
I love the way they say at the end of their post:
We appreciate your support of this referral product, and hope it won’t cause you any inconvenience.
Have you had much look referring people to AdSense ? Have you made any money out of it ? I’ve been averaging around 5/6 a week, one week I even hit 10 , but I never got that $250 bonus.